Loads of things have happened since the last blog was posted. Our modded servers lost a lot of people, sadly this isn’t something we like, and we’ve tried tons of things to revert it. Player suggestions, rule changes, plugin changes, settings & various other changes in the different configs (all of this to fine tune our plugins and settings).
We listen to the community and take serious suggestions into consideration, if we find it reasonable and to be a decent idea, then we would most likely add it. This should not be understood as we add anything just because someone wants it and thinks it would be cool.
Not everything has been going the wrong way, our vanilla server is pretty booming. We have had queue up to 13 people with 125 people being online. I’ve raised the player cap to 150 from 125 people, but we are considering to reduce it again, reason for this being that we need to keep the map size down to 4-4.5k due to the lower upkeep ratio. Lower upkeep means bigger builds, this increases the entity count, and rust still has a limit.
At 240.000-250.000 entities the server will start to lag, and most likely give severe lag spikes/freezes.
At 300.000-350.000 entities the server will most likely crash constantly, stall out and give major pushbacks/rollbacks.
This is what I personally have tested on our servers, things could have had changed since though.
A vanilla server would not lag the same way, as it’s running either with very few plugins installed or none.
What is in the schedule for the next month, Rusticles server wise?
1. Our staff team needs a slight expansion, and this should be worked on, with us talking and communicating better as a group.
2. I’m currently reading into coding rust plugins, this is something I’ve wanted to learn for a while – so now I’m going to do it. Previously I’ve been paying for a private coder to help with difficulties that I could not solve myself.
3. Overall checking of plugins, updates and some changes. I’ve got a few ideas of new events, and changes to looting on our 5x/10x.
4. Extended work on our Arena server. Setting up aim train, events, arenas & more. We are looking for builders, who would like to give it a go with designing some arenas. We are looking for all kinds of design, big open ones, small closed, CQB, DM, TDM, CTF & more! Send me (Sticky) a msg if you are interested in this.
We still offer any Rusticles community player to join our test server if you want to test anything! Again, send me (Sticky) a msg if you are interested in this.
5. The blog is getting more attention, same with our community forum. We’d like to see more action on the forum, snap some screenies of your bases, fights or raids and post them!
6. This is actually something I didn’t want to say anything about, but I’ve been looking into live stats to our website using API. It’s possible already and has been for a while – but there are some changes to it that I’ve been looking for and want added before I go further with it.
“I was banned but would like to come back, how can I redeem myself?”
Getting banned on our servers is with guarantee because you didn’t follow our rules. Anything regarding Sexism, Nazism & Racism is a no go neither on our rust servers or on discord. If you were banned for breaking the group limit then you will be unbanned after the wipe, first time being banned only that is though. If you were banned previously then we will permanent ban.
We do offer ban appeals at our website www.rusticles.net/ban-appeal
Rightttt, FiCtO's back all excited with wipe hype and some news on what to expect in the next update and what I think about it all.
First things first and the most important update of all...night times in Rust when you're around a monument and there is them lights that have that annoying smoke and buzzing noise around it. That's been removed!
On a serious note, two big updates this month, a new NPC compound being the first.
This is probably the most exciting of the two bigger updates this month, a brand new monument, fully equipped with level 1 workbenches, oil refinerys, chill out bbq area and NPC ran vending machines! All kept nice and guarded by scientist NPCs and peacekeeper turrets! Here are some screenshots of the vending machines,
*Shoutout to Ser Winters video for the screenshots*